Saturday, January 19, 2013

Road trip to Mississippi

 On January 3, 2013 I began my road trip to Mississippi where I working as a Student Conservation Association intern doing fire effects monitoring for Mississippi Sandhill Crane National Wildlife refuge. On January 4 I stopped at Mammoth Cave National Park while I was driving through Kentucky. This was an unplanned stop, but the signs on the highway indicated that it was only about 10 mile from the highway. I spent about 3 hours at the park, including a 2 hour tour of the 'new entrance' which was actually created back in the 1920's. I enjoyed my time at the park a lot and I will stop there again if I am in that area again.


After stopping in Kentucky I continued on to Nashville TN. My only stop in Nashville was at Antique Archaeology. This is Mike Wolfe's shop from the History channel's show 'American Pickers.' It was interesting to see his shop, even though there was nothing there I wanted or could afford. There were even things for sale in the shop that I remembered from watching some of the episodes.






I arrived at Mississippi Sandhill Crane National Wildlife Refuge on January 5th and my internship began on the 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment